This page has moved to a new address.

<$BlogTitle$> <$BlogItemTitle$>

Candle in the Night

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Waiting...

Well, yesterday was M's official "due date".  In the morning, H and I "mall walked" with my sister and nephew.  I'm not sure how far we walked, but it was at a good pace until I couldn't walk anymore.  Then I put H down for a nap at my mom's, ate some lunch, and ran some errands.  I went to the bread outlet and did some bread shopping.  If you haven't been there, you've got to go.  It's amazing.  I got four loaves of whole wheat bread, one loaf of honey wheat bread, a bag of chips, a bag of mini donuts, a bag of cinnamon bagels and a bag of plain mini bagels for about $10.50.  That's about $1.16 per item!  Granted, I really like making my own bread, but at 40 weeks pregnant, I'm not feeling much like doing that right now.  Anyway, I love that store.

After the bread store, I had to go to Lowe's to get some air conditioning filters.  We'd needed to change ours for quite a while and I actually bought some a while back, but got the wrong size.  I returned the wrong ones and went back to get the correct ones where I found that the price had DECREASED by a dollar!  That was a nice surprise!  My favorite part of the day was checking out at Lowe's.  I'd been waiting all day for someone to ask me when I was due because I just love to see people's reactions when I say "today."  Well, the cashier asked me and I told her.  She had this shocked look on her face and asked if I was just walking around trying to get things going.  I kind of laughed and said yes.  It seems that the general population thinks that when you're due or past due, you should either be at the hospital, having your baby, or on bed rest!

Yesterday evening, we went out and bought a new laptop.  Our old one crashed on Tuesday and although we think my dad is going to be able to fix it, we decided to get a new one anyway.  We know ours is eventually going to go kaput, and we decided we'd like to have a backup all ready.  Plus, we want one we can take to the hospital if I go into labor anytime soon.  So, we went to Best Buy and did some shopping.  We ended up with a Toshiba that we like pretty well.  I don't know much about it except that it has twice the memory we had on our old computer and it's a pretty silver color.  Oh, and it has a number keypad.  LOVE that!
2833778 Alternate View 2
Isn't it pretty?  I love the silver color.  :)

After shopping, we went back to Mom and Dad's, had some dinner, and came home to put H to bed.  We went to sleep hoping to be woke up in the middle of the night by Miss M deciding she wanted to come.  When Brian woke up at 6:00 to his alarm, he rolled over and asked if he had to go to work.  Unfortunately, I had to answer yes.  

So, it's another day of waiting and hoping.  We're ready for this baby to come!  

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home