This page has moved to a new address.

<$BlogTitle$> <$BlogItemTitle$>

Candle in the Night

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Things to Do While Waiting for Labor

Okay, this is a list of things I HAVE to do.  I would much rather be making a list of fun things to do.  Unfortunately, I've behind on the things I need to do, so I'll make this list first.  Then, if labor hasn't set in by the time they're done, maybe I'll make a list of more enjoyable things to do while waiting for labor.

1.  Clean the kitchen:  My kitchen is a mess.  Again.  I've basically figured out that I just don't have the energy to clean up after big meals.  I make them, but then I'm too tired to clean them up.  So then at the next meal, I clean up just enough so that I can cook again and then the same thing happens.  I have dishes in my sink dating back to last Monday.  When I get it all cleaned up, I'm not going to make any more big meals until after the baby comes and we're all settled.  I'm also going to buy some paper plates and we're just going to eat off of them.  Now, some super-mom out there might be roller her eyes at me, but I figure all you normal moms understand!

2.  Wash the newborn clothes:  This isn't a big deal...I just need to do it.  I sorted them last week, now they just need thrown in the washer.

3.  Get caught up on other laundry:  H's laundry is pretty much caught up.  Brian's and mine...not so much.  I need to get it caught up before my hands are too full.

4.  Pack:  I have yet to pack for the hospital.  Not only do I need to pack my bag (and some clothes for Brian), but I also need to pack the "Daddy Cooler" for snacks for Brian and I in the hospital and H's bag for staying with Grandma for two or three days.

5.  Get the living room and kitchen picked up:  These two rooms are pretty much clean, I just need to pick up and vacuum and keep them clean.  The wonderful people from my church will be bringing meals to us after M arrives and I'd prefer it to be somewhat clean.  I think I'll put some of Ellie's toys away because between hers and H's the floor can get really cluttered.  I also need to keep the diaper bag out of reach because when H empties that, it makes the house look like much more of a mess than it actually is.

So, there's the list.  Not a huge deal, but not necessarily a bunch of easy tasks either.  Guess I'd better get busy!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home