This page has moved to a new address.

<$BlogTitle$> <$BlogItemTitle$>

Candle in the Night

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy Independence Day!

I love this picture.  She looks like she's dancing in bubbles!
This is part two of my account of our wonderful Independence Day celebrations!  After our church's Annual Independence Day Celebration, we went to Brian's aunt and uncle's house in Lee's Summit for some fun with the family!  It was great!  Tiring, but great!  I've just attached some pictures and between the photos and captions, it tells the rest of the story.

Playing with Grandma H and the fun pinwheel from Aunt Shirley.  

Playing with cousin Jonathan's soccer ball.  Loved it!

Bubbles with Daddy.  "I LOVE Bubbles!!"

Bubbles are amazing!!

Playing in the pool with Noah.  Aunt Shirley and Uncle Ron picked up this
new pool just yesterday because their old one had a hole.  H was
 SO glad they did and so was I!!

Gotta love the pool!  H played in it until her little lips turned blue
and she started shivering!  I sat in it with her and it was nice and
relaxing.  

More bubbles!


H exhausted herself with the swimming and playing in bubbles.  She
also loved the poppers she got to step on!  We didn't get pictures of that
since I was holding her hands so she wasn't tempted to pick them up.  

So, she sat in a little lawn chair and watched Daddy play football with
Aunt S, Aunt A, and Jonathan.  

When it started to get dark, we went to see the City's big fireworks display.  H was thrilled
to see Cousin E!  They were both TIRED (it was about 9:00 by this time), but
they did well.  

"Look Mom!  My E!"

Fireworks!

I didn't get a lot of good fireworks pictures because my tripod lost a screw and
wouldn't hold the camera and H didn't want to sit with anyone but
Mommy.  She was super tired by this time!  I enjoyed getting the few I did though.  



Happy 4th of July!



Linking up with...





Sweet Shot Day

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At July 5, 2011 at 5:10 PM , Blogger Susan said...

Awww, what a little doll. Great shots!

 
At July 5, 2011 at 6:33 PM , Blogger Gina Kleinworth said...

Love that little dress- so cute

 
At July 5, 2011 at 7:43 PM , Blogger the cul-de-sac said...

Beautiful!

 
At July 5, 2011 at 8:14 PM , Anonymous Ray said...

The first photo is so cute!

 
At July 5, 2011 at 9:44 PM , Blogger Sarah Marie said...

These are great pictures. I finally see you in her in some of them! Also, I'm glad bubbles are no longer terrifying. :D

 
At July 5, 2011 at 11:38 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Thanks everyone! We had a great day.

Sarah, you see some of me in her?? Where? I'm not seeing it. And yes, I too am so glad she's no longer afraid of bubbles! :)

 
At July 5, 2011 at 11:44 PM , Blogger Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud said...

Looks like it was a fabulous celebration! Love these pics. :)
Thanks for joining Alicia and I for the Crazy Days of Summer Photo Challenge. I hope you'll join us again next week when we move on to our new theme, PATRIOTISM. Have a great day.

 
At July 5, 2011 at 11:57 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Thanks Kristi!

I'm looking forward to next week's theme! Thanks!

 
At July 6, 2011 at 4:33 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

The firework pictures are so good considering all you had to deal with to get them. Your baby is SO cute. LOVE her little pig tails. What a cute dress. Glad you had such a fun day.

 
At July 6, 2011 at 1:06 PM , Blogger Carmen said...

Lovely little girl.....I didn't get any shots of fireworks because my son wanted to hold me (his way of saying I need you to hold me) but my hubby did :) although it was quite frustrating because there was winds and dust. We were lucky to capture what we did.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home