This page has moved to a new address.

<$BlogTitle$> <$BlogItemTitle$>

Candle in the Night

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Beautiful Little Family...

A few weeks ago, we had the pleasure of going down to the Lake of the Ozarks with my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew for the first time since he was born.  We had a great time visiting with relatives at a family reunion and when we were done, we took our traditional "Outside-the-Lake-House" photos.  We used to take them with the actual house in the background, but have since decided that the mustard yellow house was not the prettiest thing to have in the background.  Anyway, here is a before and after edited shot of my sister's beautiful little family.  I had several of these, but love this one with little E looking up at his daddy!  

This is the straight out of camera shot.



Here is the edited version.

I know many who post before and after shots just give a quick description of what they did, but I'm going to try to be a little more detailed for those of you who might be new to Photoshop.

I shot this photo in RAW on my Canon 40D.
In Photoshop Elements, I bumped up the blacks, contrast, clarity, and saturation slightly.
I opened it into editor mode and cropped it down.  
I then created two duplicate layers (Control J), and changed one to soft light and one to screen.  I lowered the opacity on both to around 30-40% and then flattened the image.  
I then created another duplicate layer, and made it a multiply layer.  
I selected the center of the with the elliptical selection tool with the feather set to 250.  I delete that selection and flattened the image again and was done!  

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At June 30, 2011 at 10:28 AM , Blogger Isabel said...

I like what you did to the picture. And what a beautiful little family!:)

 
At June 30, 2011 at 1:39 PM , Anonymous Head Ant said...

I really need some Elements lessons!
Beautiful job!

 
At June 30, 2011 at 8:29 PM , Anonymous Elena said...

Great edit. It changed the coloring and added warmth! Love it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home