This page has moved to a new address.

<$BlogTitle$> <$BlogItemTitle$>

Candle in the Night

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Happy Birthday, Little H!!

Dear H,

My sweet little girl.  My firstborn.  The one who brings me a little bit more joy every day.  I just never knew you could feel this way about a person until you, H Grace entered my life a year ago today.  You came into this world reluctantly, but you seem to have enjoyed it ever since!

When I think about the things you've taught me, I think about patience, love, hope, joy, how to rest, play, smile, cry, feel.  Everything is new to you, so everything becomes new to me.  You're the most beautiful thing I have ever laid eyes on and I know that God made you special, just for me and your daddy.  I am in awe of how he made you so uniquely you.  So perfect in every way.

Your dependency has sometimes brought me to tears, but for the most part, it's just made me feel loved, needed, and special.  Before you, I had been a child, daughter, woman, and wife.  When you came into the world, I became a whole new person.  I became a Mommy.  Something I never was before you.  Something I will never become again.  Now that I have you, I am and always will be a Mommy.

As I've watched you grow, my heart has been full.  I wonder if you'll take after me in any way.  So far, you look much more like your daddy than me, so I watch for personality traits.  You're definitely my little girl!!  Playing with babies and tea sets seems to be your new favorite activity.  You love to be outside and you love flowers.  There is no question that you are mine.

I love you so much!  Happy first birthday!

Love, Mommy

Labels:

1 Comments:

At May 5, 2011 at 11:09 AM , Blogger Sarah Marie said...

Happy birthday to my lovely little girl -- you made me an Aunt, and you helped get me ready to be a Mommy!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home