This page has moved to a new address.

<$BlogTitle$> <$BlogItemTitle$>

Candle in the Night

Monday, March 14, 2011

10 Minute Challenge Day 5 (And the start of Day 6)

I'm sorry I wasn't able to post on Friday night.  We celebrated Brian's birthday and I was exhausted!  Tonight, I'll post about what I got done on Friday (with pictures!) and hopefully about everything I get done today.

Today is Laundry Day.  Laundry is probably my least favorite chore.  It's the one I put off and put off until it is absolutely necessary to put it off no longer.  I get a giant pile of laundry in my room and then one day, Brian will sweetly say, "Honey, I'm on my last clean ______"  You fill in the blank.  T-shirt, pair of underwear, work shirt...  He does say it very sweetly because he knows I do hate laundry.  And he hates it too and knows that if he doesn't say it sweetly, I'll probably say "do it yourself!!!"  But I don't because I know that I should have been doing it in little bits all along, but have put it off.

So, if it's t-shirts he's out of, I pull out ALL of the t-shirts from the gynormous pile and bits of other things that I know he'll need.  The most common load at our house is underwear (his and mine), t-shirts, and a few work shirts and a few of my shirts.  I know!  Terrible, isn't it!!  I always feel bad putting whites with non-so-lights and sometimes even throwing some darks in there!  But I don't feel bad enough to change it because I just hate doing laundry.

So last night, I'd had it with myself.  I made up my mind to make today laundry day.  This morning, I drug out all the laundry from the bedroom and I now have five huge piles on the floor in the living room.  (No, I won't take a picture of that.)  Heavy lights, light lights, whites, heavy darks, and light darks.  I'm guessing each pile is two loads of laundry.  This doesn't even include H's laundry that is still in her bedroom!

The reason for having it in the living room?  I have to have it cleaned up by Thursday when Brian teaches lessons and I am NOT carrying it all back to the bedroom!  Plus, I see it right there all day.  I can't close the door on it and I have to work to keep H out of it.  All these factors motivate me to work on it more quickly.

I'm sure you're all thrilled to death to hear about my laundry experiences, but that's what I have on my mind today.  Maybe if some of you hate doing laundry too, it'll give you the push you need to get in there and tackle it!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At March 14, 2011 at 4:05 PM , Blogger Louise said...

I actually like doing laundry. It makes a big difference if you have a decent (clean/pretty) laundry room. I painted mine pale pink and have gorgeous curtains hanging in there, covering all the tools/junk that I don't want to look at every day.
Also, Gus loves to help. He stands in front of the washer (front-loader) and pulls out one thing at a time, hands it to me to put in the dryer. He gets such a kick out of it. Today we put his folded things in a toy dump truck and he pushed it all the way to his room, right to his dresser, where we could put it away.
Sometimes I put him in the basket with the clean clothes and pull him around the house - he loves that too, and it sure takes longer to get it all done, but since it keeps Gus so entertained and involved, I am O.K. with that!

 
At March 14, 2011 at 8:14 PM , Blogger Diane said...

Good for you, honey! I'm sorry I didn't teach you to enjoy laundry more... but I guess it wasn't really me. You just preferred to help with the pets and outdoor work! Hope you can get it all done, and be able to keep up on it better... I know it's hard. :)

 
At March 14, 2011 at 10:02 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Louise, I sure wish I liked doing laundry. It WOULD help if I had a nice laundry room. Our washer and dryer are in the garage. I refused to let them be put in the basement (which is also unfinished) so at least I don't have to do stairs. That's adorable that Gus helps you! Sounds like fun!

Mom, it's okay. I don't mind folding it and putting it away. It's dealing with the dirty laundry that bugs me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home