This page has moved to a new address.

<$BlogTitle$> <$BlogItemTitle$>

Candle in the Night

Sunday, December 18, 2011

31 Days to Christmas Day 24: Christmas Pageants

John 21:15
So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

If you or your children aren't involved in a Christmas Pageant, find one to attend!  It's well worth it for children to grow up not just hearing the story of the birth of Christ, but seeing it acted out or acting it out themselves.  It ingrains it in the memory and makes it meaningful to them.  The pictures below are of the Christmas pageant my daughter and nephew were in this year.  The crawlers/toddlers get to be sheep.  M was too young to be in the pageant, but we had to put the lamb ears on her anyway since they were so cute and she was the only one who would leave them on!

Seriously???  Ears???

 Notice the sign...It was supposed to say, "No Vacancy", but didn't get turned around.  Yet another wonderful thing about Christmas pageants...the humor!  

 Mary and Joseph and baby Jesus.

 My little lamb!

 My nephew who clearly told us once before that he doesn't want ears!

 Angels!

 Well, I guess E won.  No ears!  But still an adorable little lamb!

 H being a sweet little lamb.  She watched the whole thing and loved it!

 The cast's final song.  The sheep didn't join in for this one.  

M: "I forgot my lines!!"


Please take the time to listen to this song.  It's well worth it and really has nothing to do with Jimminy Cricket.  It's one of my favorite Christmas songs of all time.  I was telling my mom the other day that now that I have kids of my own, I understand why she used to cry when she'd sing it to us.

Candle in the Night

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home