This page has moved to a new address.

<$BlogTitle$> <$BlogItemTitle$>

Candle in the Night

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

31 Days to Christmas Day 19: The Manger

Our King...lying in a manger.  What a lowly way to come.


Today, I wanted to provide a practical, fun way to involve even the smallest of children in Christmas.  At our house, we have little wooden manger.  H loves it.  She puts the little baby doll in it, takes the baby out, pats the baby's back, puts the blanket in the manger, and puts the baby back in.  It's so sweet.  And all the while, we talk about baby Jesus.


I just think it's a great way to introduce her to the story before she can really understand.  The neat thing about this little manger is that Brian's grandpa made it for Brian on his first Christmas.  It's really a special thing that I hope will be in the family for a long time.


I wanted to include a link that would tell how to make one of these little mangers, but I couldn't find it online anywhere.  If anyone knows of a site I could link to, let me know.  I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to make even without plans it it would definitely be worth your time.

I would love to hear if any of you remember playing with a nativity scene as a child or if you have one for your children.  It's such a neat thing!





Candle in the Night

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home