This page has moved to a new address.

<$BlogTitle$> <$BlogItemTitle$>

Candle in the Night

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Presto Bread Slicing Guide Review

I've been making my own bread now on and off for several years and I always have used the slice-it-as-we-eat-it method.  It's worked out fine, but when I began making bread more frequently, I decided I would really rather have a bread slicing guide.  I didn't really shop around (I knew I'd seen them in thrift stores), I just decided I'd pick up the next one I saw.  I ended up with the Presto Bread Slicing Guide.  



At first glance, it looks kind of silly.  It sits at an angle and there are two little knobs sticking out of the front.  I thought maybe it was supposed to hook onto a table or something, but I honestly couldn't figure out how.  I used it once and wasn't thrilled.  Then I looked up the instructions online.  OH!  So THAT'S how it's supposed to work!!  


Here's what I discovered.  The angle is to keep the bread from sliding around and keep your slices even.  You are also supposed to set it on a towel to keep it from sliding around.  The best type of knife to use is an electric knife.  These three things made a world of difference!  


I used it just last night using a towel under it and it helped tremendously.  I didn't use an electric knife, but used short, fast knife strokes like an electric knife would do and it helped my knife stay in place between the guides.  

I'm still not sure what the knobs are for...if anyone knows, please share with me in the comments.  :)  

Overall, I'm very pleased with the way this bread slicing guide works.  As you can see, my slices are perfectly even.  When it's time to wash it, you basically just rinse off the bread crumbs.  Super easy!  And it creates beautifully perfect slices!  


Disclosure: I did not receive any compensation or free product for this post.  The product was purchased for me by a friend and my thoughts are 100% mine.  
Enjoy this post?  Keep in touch for more!
  

Would you like to receive the daily planner page I use to help me stay organized
absolutely FREE??  Just sign up below and I'll send you a link in the next couple days!!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
I often link up with these lovely bloggers...

PhotobucketWise-Woman-Builds
    
   Welcome Home Wednesdays   

Labels:

1 Comments:

At October 17, 2013 at 9:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love mine that my husband's grandma gave me. I too would like to know what the knobs are for :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home