This page has moved to a new address.

<$BlogTitle$> <$BlogItemTitle$>

Candle in the Night

Monday, October 14, 2013

M is Two! A Fishy-Themed Birthday Party

Well, M turned two at the beginning of August and it's mid-October.  How's that for blog-turnaround?  At least it's FINALLY getting posted!  I wanted to share with you M's party.  Under the Sea theme (without the mermaids).  M loves fishies and I thought this party would be a blast...and it was!!

The jellyfish decorations were my FAVORITE!!  For the food, we had fruit (not ocean themed), goldfish, life savers, Swedish Fish, Peachy-O's, blue jello (in a fish bowl!), and little clams made from Ritz crackers, cheese, ham, and a little onion for the pearl.  The clams were my favorite of the foods!  We also had hot dogs.  :)  



The birthday girl!  She was only slightly excited to be the center of attention!  I found this sailor dress at a consignment sale and I have to say...I LOVE it!!  
Presents!!
The adorable cupcakes my sister made!  Little mini-beaches!  Oh, and M unwrapping her FAVORITE present--Birthday Dog!
This was the look M had on her face while we were singing to her.  And that's her silly daddy singing.  :)  
The traditional "Sibling" birthday shot.  
More fun decorations and the girls enjoying their cake and ice cream!  Yes...I do strip them down when they eat.  :)

The swirly-hanging fish were on clearance at the party store (hooray!!) and the balloon fish were pretty simple to make.  They were a HUGE hit with the kids!  

Everyone had a great time!  I loved that the decorations were so easy (and cheap!) and that I was able to mostly use things already in my stash!  


Enjoy this post?  Keep in touch for more!
  

Would you like to receive the daily planner page I use to help me stay organized
absolutely FREE??  Just sign up below and I'll send you a link in the next couple days!!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
I often link up with these lovely bloggers...

PhotobucketWise-Woman-Builds
    
   Welcome Home Wednesdays   

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At October 21, 2013 at 9:01 AM , Blogger deborah said...

What an adorable party and birthday girl! Celebrating birthdays is so fun and special.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one to not get things blogged as quickly as I'd like! Oh well! :) It really doesn't matter and it's just nice to record the memories.

I just started a link-up if you want to come check it out and join Memoir Mondays!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home