This page has moved to a new address.

<$BlogTitle$> <$BlogItemTitle$>

Candle in the Night

Friday, September 27, 2013

Fabulous Fall Fridays #5: Sparkling Pumpkins

This post was inspired by...my brain!!  No...I'm sure it's been done before, but I thought of it when we picked up three little mini pumpkins at the pumpkin patch last week and I gave them the names of my babies.  It was then that I decided I had to do this project.  I was then excited to find pie pumpkins 2/$1!!! at the local farmer's market.  Those would be the mama and daddy pumpkins.  I know...I'm kind of silly!  So here's how they turned out!




Supplies:

Pumpkins: Two pie pumpkins, one for mom and one for dad and as many mini's as you have children
A PENCIL!!  Don't use a pen...you'll find out why later
Glue
Glitter

Step 1: Pencil the letters onto the pumpkins.  Use a pencil because you may need to erase it later if the glue isn't covering right.  I used a pen and really regretted it.  Also, see how cute those letters are?  Yeah...don't do them that cute if you plan to have a preschooler help you.  I wanted to go from the glue bottle to the pumpkin, no middle ground.  These cute letters may have worked if I'd used a toothpick to put the glue on, but it was waaaaay too much detail to put on straight from the glue bottle.  Didn't work out so well.  So, moral of the story, do simple letters!


Step 2: Carefully put glue on the letters

Step 3: Sprinkle glitter on top.  and lay flat to dry.  I had to prop my pumpkins up so the glue wouldn't drip.


Here they are finished!  They turned out cute minus the fact that my letters look a little silly because I tried to make them fancy.  I'm happy with them though!  They make my piano a little more Fall-Friendly.





As I write this post, the smell of pumpkin bread is filling my house.  Mmmmm...I love this season!  
What have you done this week to get ready for fall?  


Enjoy this post?  I'd be honored if you joined us on Facebook, pinned to Pinterest, or shared via Facebook or Twitter.  Thanks for stopping by!

I often link up with these lovely bloggers...

PhotobucketWise-Woman-Builds
    
   Welcome Home Wednesdays   

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home