This page has moved to a new address.

<$BlogTitle$> <$BlogItemTitle$>

Candle in the Night

Friday, September 13, 2013

Fabulous Fall Fridays #3: Sunflower Centerpiece

Well, my apple centerpiece was starting to look a little sad, so I decided it was time for a new one.  Confession: I like this one WAY better!!  It's so...sunshiny!  My inspiration came from this early fall centerpiece.  Didn't turn out exactly the same, but what fun would it be if it had?  :)


See?  You love it too, don't you!  So...want to make one yourself?  It was SO easy!!



Here's what you'll need...

3 mason jars (In my stash)
3 artificial sunflowers (1/2 price at Hobby Lobby!)
A bundle of artificial leaves (Also 1/2 price at Hobby Lobby!)
Raffia (In my stash)
Hot glue gun
Scissors

Let's get started!

1. Plug in your hot glue gun!  If you don't do this now, you'll be wasting time later.

2.  While you're waiting for it to heat up, cut your flower stems.  They're loooooong, so you end up throwing away quite a bit.  They have these nice little grooves so you can actually just bend them back and forth until they break instead of ruining your scissors.  :)


Test them to make sure they're the size you want.  

Looks good!
3.  Enjoy the beautiful sunflowers while waiting for the hot glue to get hot......





Aren't they gorgeous?  I know they're fake, but I still think they're so sunny!  I love how they brighten up a room!

4. Glue leaves onto mason jars.  Try to just use a thin line of glue down the stem of each leaf.  

5.  Get out your raffia and pull out 3-5 strands.  Tie them around the mason jars making a bow on top of the leaf.  I found this was easiest if I laid the jar down instead of trying to do it with the jar standing up.  

Isn't this stuff beautiful!  A beautiful mess anyway...I love it!
A few strands...

Tied around the jar.  Sorry, no action shots...my hands were full!  I feel raffia is best looking when it's a mess.  Not perfect, just natural.  See the squiggly one on the left?  That's my favorite.  :)
6. Make a bed of leaves for the jars to sit on.  In my inspiration for this project, they used a mirror to put the jars on, but I didn't have anything like that.  I still wanted something that would tie it all together though, so I decided to use more leaves.  I love how it turned out!  I did find that you don't want the leaf stems directly under the mason jars as that makes them wobbly.  

7. Place your mason jars and enjoy!  I know I said this before, but I loooove how this turned out!  





Happy fall!!  How is your fall decorating coming?  I'd love for you to leave a link in the comments sharing what you've been working on!  

Enjoy this post?  I'd be honored if you joined us on Facebook, pinned to Pinterest, or shared via Facebook or Twitter.  Thanks for stopping by!

I often link up with these lovely bloggers...

PhotobucketWise-Woman-Builds
    
   Welcome Home Wednesdays   

Labels:

5 Comments:

At September 14, 2013 at 7:12 PM , Anonymous Amy Jung said...

OK-you got me. I never decorate or make decorations but -- I think I'm going to try this. I think I have all of the items for it right here at home! Excited.

 
At September 14, 2013 at 11:24 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Hooray!! So glad I could suck you in to the excitement of decorating for the changing seasons! :)

 
At September 16, 2013 at 7:30 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Beautiful and easy ... I think I can do this one. THanks for sharing.

Thanks for joining the momma melody. We would love to have you join us again. Anything mom, from vacation pics, encouraging words, to recipes. I jot some notes on Mondays, but it's a come whenever you can kind of party. Just moms. Sharing our notes. Creating a melody.

http://justsarahdawn.blogspot.com/2013/09/a-momma-for-today.html

Be blessed bunches,
Sarah

 
At September 16, 2013 at 10:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your centerpiece looks great! Makes me want to go find a field of sunflowers :)

Blessings,
Nicole @ WKH

 
At September 18, 2013 at 9:46 AM , Anonymous Chelsey said...

Love this!!! I am pinning so I don't forget it! :) I love decorating - just don't do it as much as I'd like! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home