This page has moved to a new address.

<$BlogTitle$> <$BlogItemTitle$>

Candle in the Night

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The 7, 8, 9, 10 Plan!

My days have been a mess lately.  I'll admit to staying up much too late, then laying in bed until the girls get up (8:30) and then sometimes even putting on a movie for them so I can lay here a little longer.  I know there's no wisdom in this "schedule", but it's what I've been doing.  And somehow, even though I tell myself I'll be going to bed earlier, I'm still up at 11:30 the next night.  It's crazy!

Hippo yawn hippopotamus
Photo Credit
Not gonna lie...this is what I feel like in the mornings.  A tired, cranky hippo.  :)  WHY do I do this to myself?  


So here's my plan.  If I tell you all that I'm going to bed earlier, I think I'll be much more likely to actually do it.  Accountability and all that.  So I've developed a plan.  The 7, 8, 9, 10 Plan.  (I know, it's silly, but it should help me remember!)  It goes like this.

7: 7 days.  Starting tonight, I'm going to faithfully follow this plan for 7 days.  I do well setting short-term goals.  If I say I'm going to do something forever, I give up in a few days.  But I think I can do 7.

8: 8:00 am.  I will be up and dressed and ready to go by 8:00 am every morning for the next 7 days.

9: 9:00 am.  Breakfast will be DONE by 9:00.  Not necessarily cleaned up (since the girls don't come out of their room until 8:30), but we'll be finished eating.

10: 10:00 pm.  IN BED with MEDIA OFF!!  That means I won't be seeing any of you on facebook and I won't be blogging or checking my email or watching TV after 10:00.  This one SHOULD be easy since my husband almost always goes to bed at 10, but it's the one I struggle with the most.

That's my plan!  I know many of my readers already stick to a set schedule and do a great job of it, but I'm doing a lousy job and I can't keep going like this.  It makes my days lethargic and makes me a cranky mamma.  So for the next 7 days, things should be getting better!

Who's going to join me??

Enjoy this post?  I'd be honored if you joined us on Facebook, pinned to Pinterest, or shared via Facebook or Twitter.  Thanks for stopping by!

I often link up with these lovely bloggers...

PhotobucketWise-Woman-Builds
    
   Welcome Home Wednesdays   

Labels:

3 Comments:

At September 25, 2013 at 11:37 PM , Blogger Diane said...

I will join you! But I have to start tomorrow, as it's already 11:34 pm now. I've been asleep, but then I wake up and read another post or two and fall back to sleep. I'm actually up early no matter what, b/c of hubby's schedule and I fix his lunch/breakfast (and I don't have little ones at home!) But I sure can easily sit around getting nothing done til 10 or 11 am b/c I'm so tired! So... tomorrow night~ early bedtime! :)

 
At September 26, 2013 at 8:22 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

Hooray!! Get on board! I'm feeling better already after just two nights of going to bed by 10!

 
At October 1, 2013 at 10:46 AM , Anonymous Kim Adams Morgan said...

That sounds like a great plan. I'm kind of already on it and it works great for us. Always up by 6:30, I kind of keep 7 and 8 flexible depending on when the man needs a ride to work...no driving in my jammies. :-) And we are falling asleep by 10 if we aren't in bed, mainly because we are getting old, ha ha. I can't wait to see how you like this schedule - I was a night owl, but I love this new routine. I will follow along. Follow me on FB so I can see your posts as well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home