This page has moved to a new address.

<$BlogTitle$> <$BlogItemTitle$>

Candle in the Night

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Super Savings Continued...

After my last post, I'll bet you thought those people at the consignment sale were pretty silly, didn't you.  Well...here's the rest of the tale.

After H's nap, I loaded the girls back up in the car and drove back across town to the sale.  I put H in the Ergo and M in the stroller and headed in.  All the while I was feeling slightly irritated that I had to do all this because of someone else's mistake.  I was also really hoping I'd get my money back.  You see, the receipt was just printed on regular printer paper and if I really wanted to, I could have fabricated it.  I was afraid they'd say "Too bad, all sales are final," and leave me stuck with a $20 monitor that I only thought was worth $2.

I went right up to the lady at the desk and told her the situation.  I showed her the receipt that said $20 and the monitor that said $20.  Wait.  What?  The monitor said $20???  I honestly did not realize until I was handing the lady at the checkout the monitor that it said $20!  In that moment, I was just sure I was stuck with something I didn't plan on paying that much for!  After all, the signs do say, "All Sales Final."  The lady asked me if I thought it cost $2 and I said I did.  I apologized and before I could say anything more, she said she'd take care of it.  Amazing!  I thanked her over and over and told her I wouldn't spread it around that they'd done a return.  (Don't spread it around, okay???)

So, I guess God wanted to humble me that day.  I was more embarrassed than I have been in a long time and at the same time, I knew someone was showing me mercy for my stupid mistake.  Oh, and I must confess, the fact that I posted this on my blog for all the world to see makes it even more embarrassing.  But like I said, I guess God wanted to give me a good humbling experience.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home