This page has moved to a new address.

<$BlogTitle$> <$BlogItemTitle$>

Candle in the Night

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Showing Grace

"Grace, grace, God's grace
Grace that can pardon and cleanse within.
Grace, grace, God's great grace,
Grace that is greater than all my sin."

What a thought!  God's grace is so incredible.  It's saving.  It's refreshing.  It's light.  It's truth.
It's life changing.  

And we're called to be like Him.  Wow...what a calling.  

I think of this often when in the midst of child training.  There are times I am tempted to just hold a firm, unwavering hand when training.  It's in those times that God reminds me how much grace He shows me.  And if my children see grace in me, they will more easily understand the grace that God pours down on them when that time comes.  

Friends, these are the thoughts I want fresh in your minds as I begin my series on child training.  In the midst of all we must do to "train up a child", it is so very important to remember grace.

Praise the Lord for His grace!  





This post is linked up at the following sites...
Photobucket

Thoughtful Thursday

Graced Simplicity

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At August 21, 2013 at 11:02 PM , Blogger Gabby said...

You're so right about that. It's a struggle I have too. I can't wait to hear more of your thoughts in this child training series. I think we can all use a little help in that department!

 
At August 21, 2013 at 11:06 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Thanks Gabby! I'm getting really into writing posts for this series. It's SUCH important stuff! I have three or four started and am wanting to get them mostly ready to publish before posting the first because...well...I tend to forget to finish things. :)

 
At August 22, 2013 at 10:18 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

So true...there is such a delicate balance there between discipline and extending grace, and really, we just have to seek Him moment by moment to find it. It would be so much easier if there were a "formula", but I'm learning that that is one way He reminds me I have to trust totally in Him, rather than in my own wisdom. Looking forward to your upcoming series.

 
At August 22, 2013 at 3:41 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Amen, Jennifer! Seeking His grace moment by moment is something I have to remember daily! And yes, it sure would be easier to have a formula, but I agree. I think God planned it this way so we'd have to rely on Him.

The series is up!
http://candleinthenightblog.blogspot.com/2013/08/train-up-child-part-1.html

 
At August 22, 2013 at 6:07 PM , Blogger Pamela said...

My children are grown, but yet I need to remember to pour grace on others. Just thinking of the grace showered on me by my Heavenly Father blesses me. I certainly rely on Him for it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home