This page has moved to a new address.

<$BlogTitle$> <$BlogItemTitle$>

Candle in the Night

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Staycation Day 4: Burr Oaks

Okay, so I know it's been a while since I last posted and my Staycation was a couple weeks ago, but the girls both got sick and I about went crazy and we didn't finish our Staycation, so this will be my last post about it.  Sorry it's such a long time coming, but here it is!  :)

M enjoyed laying on the floor and H enjoyed finding her nose.
"BEEP!"  
Wednesday, we had planned on going to Burr Oak Nature Center.  The weather was supposed to be cold that day, so we were just planning to visit the nature center and not walk the trails, but when we left the house that morning, it was beautiful!  I was excited to take H and M for a walk on the trails.  My sister, S, and nephew, E were planning on joining us.


H "sliding" sown the frog.  This frog was not meant to be a slide
like the one at the zoo, but that didn't stop H!  It was actually more
of a topple off the frog, but she didn't mind.  

We pulled up to the entrance of the park and there was a ranger standing there guarding the way in.  I stopped and asked what was going on.  Evidently, they were having a hunt in the park that day, so all the trails were closed.  (PLANS THWARTED AGAIN!!)  We were told to walk directly from the parking lot to the nature center and back when were were done.  No dilly-dallying around or leaving the parking lot.

E was quite excited about something!  :)

Well, I must say, this was kind of humorous.  After the frustration of the day before, I just laughed this off.  :)

H enjoyed looking at the books.  

The kids had a fabulous time in the nature center!  It's a good one...if you've not been there, you should definitely visit.

E checking out his newest cousin.  And M loving the attention!

Our Staycation was cut short by sick kiddos, but I was so glad I did it.  I know H won't remember it, but I will!  It was a good break from "real life" and just what I needed!

Cousin love!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At November 21, 2011 at 6:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My oncle recommended I would enjoy this website. It was completely accurate. This post in fact made my day. You can not visualize just how greatly time I had exhausted for this content! Thank you!

Before I go, let me thank you for your patience with my English as (I am certain you have figured this at this moment ,), English is not my chief language so I am utilizing Google Translate to build out how to jot down what I really wish to write down .

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home