This page has moved to a new address.

<$BlogTitle$> <$BlogItemTitle$>

Candle in the Night

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Staycation Day 3: FAIL...

Day three of our staycation, we planned to go to the pumpkin patch.  I was super excited to let H play on the playground, visit the petting zoo, take a hayride, and pick her own pumpkin.  We planned to go with Brian as soon as he got off work.

He got home around 4:00 and we waited until H woke up from her nap.  We arrived at about 5:00 and were greeted with a sign that said "WE CLOSE OCTOBER 31".  Ugh.  It was November 1st.  I tried not to be disappointed, I really did.  But I really was.  I tried to just be thankful that H didn't know what she was missing, but it's really hard to not be disappointed when your plans get thwarted.

I must confess, I was a little mopey on the way home.  Brian tried to cheer me up, and it helped some.  We ended up going to HiBoy and getting shakes and going to a different park than the one we go to all the time.  It was fun.  H really enjoyed sliding with Daddy and M enjoyed walking with Mommy.  Overall, it was a relaxing, fun time for everyone.  Am I still disappointed?  A little.  Will I make sure to get to the pumpkin patch before October 31st next year?  You better believe it!  Am I happy?  Of course.  My little family enjoyed our time together despite failed plans.  So was it really a FAIL?  I don't think so.  :)

At first, H went down the slide with Daddy.  That was lots of fun, but...

...it was even MORE fun to go by herself!

Wheeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Then we tried the BIG slide!

SO FUN!!
She really enjoyed them until we took her to the curvy slide.  Then, she lost her balance
and got a little slide burn on her cheek.  After that, she was ready to go back to the smaller
slides or go down with Daddy.  She was still pretty happy though.  

M enjoyed riding around with Mommy in the sling.  

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home