This page has moved to a new address.

<$BlogTitle$> <$BlogItemTitle$>

Candle in the Night

Friday, July 13, 2012

The Prayer of a Child

Whenever I pray with H, I always say an extra little prayer that God will become real to her.  I don't remember ever coming to the realization that there was a God, I just always believed it and He was always a part of me and I want so much for it to be that way for my children as well.  One way I pray that He'll become real to H is by answering her prayers quickly so she'll make a connection between talking to God and God's response.  This has happened twice lately and I just wanted to share these two little testimonies with you.




The first was a couple weeks ago.  I was running late (as always!) and was supposed to be picking Brian up from the car shop.  I had M and H with me and I couldn't find my keys.  I searched the house and the garage at least two times and couldn't find them anywhere.  I kept asking H to help me look and she did as well as a two year old can be expected to do.  I had prayed in my head a few times, but finally, I sat down and had H join me on the couch and together, we asked God to help us find the keys.  I said a short prayer to myself that we would find them quickly so that H would make the connection between the prayer and the answer.  I opened my eyes, and there they were!  Right on the couch peeking out from under a laundry basket.  It was so amazing that God gave that to H. What a blessing.

We had a similar experience this morning.  It's been very dry here as in much of the country and our garden is suffering.  The grass on the lawns is turning brown and everything looks pretty sad.  We had some thunder yesterday, but not even enough rain to wet the whole driveway.  This morning, as we prayed over our breakfast, H was repeating my prayer.  I prayed (and so did H) that God would send rain.  During breakfast, the rumbles of thunder started and after we were finished, we went out to our covered porch and watched a good, steady rain come and water the earth.

It's so amazing how God steadily builds a child's faith in Him.  Why is it that as adults our faith is shaken?  H was able to look at those experiences and know that God had answered her prayers--and so was I!  It's really incredible how a child's prayer, and a child's faith, can put things into perspective.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At September 6, 2012 at 10:23 AM , Anonymous Jacqueline@ Deeprootsathome.com said...

Dear Jessica,
What a special blessing from our sweet Lord! Your prayer is being answered...don't stop praying it now :) Wonderful Jesus! May I ask you to consider regularly adding your posts on 'EOA' WEdnesday's link-up so others can be blessed, too? many read, but few comment, so don't be put off by that.
Blessings, sweet Mother!

 
At September 28, 2013 at 4:34 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Thank you for your response, Jacqueline. It really means a lot. :)

 
At September 30, 2013 at 7:58 AM , Blogger Diane said...

I know you don't remember, but those are exactly the things that made God real to you. Between the little prayers we said at home (and yes, I definitely remember the exact "keys" story ~ in fact I remember right where they were laying) and the prayers said at the homes of your friends b/c they were also faithful people who believed in prayer.. you had a strong belief in answered prayer at a very early age. Those early years that are so important in a child's development are also so important to their relationship with God. I'm so blessed that you are raising your girls in a Godly manner!! I will add that specific prayer to mine as well, for God to become real in the lives of all the grandkids. ♥

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home