This page has moved to a new address.

<$BlogTitle$> <$BlogItemTitle$>

Candle in the Night

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Sleeping Like a Baby: How to Sleep Peacefully During Pregnancy

Sleeping while pregnant is hard.  I am currently 28 weeks pregnant and since week one, I've struggled to find a position that works well for me where I can fall asleep and stay asleep.  I have now been through several different pillow "arrangements" and I found one I LOVE and would like to share with you all.  I hope it helps!


First of all, I have this giant U-shaped pillow.  I was blessed with it by a friend and am so grateful!  It supports my back, my belly, and my knees.  I tried sleeping without it last weekend and it just wasn't the same.  My husband loves it too!  Okay...he doesn't really love it, but he loves that I'm getting more sleep because of it.


On top of that pillow, I place two other pillows.  I struggle with really bad heartburn during pregnancy and sleeping with my top half elevated helps a little.  The top pillow here is a memory foam contoured pillow.


I picked up two of these a couple years back at a Black Friday sale; one for me and one for my husband.  Well, he decided he didn't like his.  That's where the next key element comes in.

I sleep on top of his memory foam pillow turned sideways.  I was really struggling with my giant brown pillow "getting away" in the night.  Although I liked it, it would slip out from under my belly or away from my back and I'd wake up uncomfortable and have to pull it back in.  By sleeping on top of this contoured memory foam pillow, my belly and back have constant support because it can't get away!!!  


I love the sleep I'm getting now that I have this setup.  My hips aren't hurting nearly as much (because of the brown pillow in between my knees), my back and belly are comfortably supported, and my head is elevated properly.  It's beautiful!  I usually only wake up once per night to flip over whereas before, I'd wake up 5-10 times each night.  I'm feeling more rested and I love it!

Here's how the final product looks.  I hope this helps some of you pregnant mommies out there find a more comfortable way to sleep!




Enjoy this post?  Keep in touch for more!
  

Would you like to receive the daily planner page I use to help me stay organized
absolutely FREE??  Just sign up below and I'll send you a link in the next couple days!!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
I often link up with these lovely bloggers...

PhotobucketWise-Woman-Builds
    
   Welcome Home Wednesdays      

Labels:

1 Comments:

At November 6, 2013 at 8:07 AM , Blogger Diane said...

Leaving a GOOD 12 inches for your husband's side of the bed! It's all he needs, right?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home